Call Routing Service
There are different routing techniques available that can make you easily confused. But to choose the appropriate call routing service for your business development is the first question.
The pace of technology adoption is speeding up with the online marketplace, and growing popularity of e-readers has changed the way of business. And that has made us focus on the customer service a lot.Your customer service department should be designed to communicate with the customers and their issues efficiently.
So, you can manage complex tasks to reach the optimal customer experience and manage their call routing strategies.
Call Routing Service – Important for Small Businesses
Call routing is an excellent tool for business and a vital part of any efficient customer service strategy. It can route calls to different people in different locations, forward calls to any device such as mobile, VoIP, landline, etc.
By forwarding calls to the right department on the first attempt, the level of customer satisfaction increases with overall reduction in the operating cost.
“More than 80% of Americans agree that smaller businesses give more importance to customer service than large businesses“. So it’s easy for small business to compete with large companies and engage customers for better growth.
6 Key Benefits for Small Business Call Routing Service
• Never miss an important business call
• Prioritize the calls to reach customers anytime, anywhere.
• Talk to your customers 24x7x365 days
• Eliminate revenue losses from lost calls
• Double the conversion rates with more call volumes
• Capture more business leads
There are some questions needed to be asked for call routing service for any business:
- How do you transfer your customers call to the right person as quickly as possible?
- How do you take care of the long hold time, customer frustration or defection of your customers to competition?
- How do you ensure first call resolution?
For above all the questions there is only one answer that is an effective Call Routing Strategy that can improve your customer interactions, handle incoming calls, and reduce the operational costs for your business.
Here are 5 call routing strategies your business should consider:
1) Direct Routing
- Direct routing is the most common routing option implemented by businesses to connect customer calls with the right department.
- Your business numbers are assigned to each department (i.e. sales, support, etc.) for the customers to dial and get the service.
- The customers are directed to the right department they intend to call with a direct number.
- Direct routing strategy can have long wait times as the call is connected to the first person in the list and then connects to the second person.
2) Location-Based Routing
- Location-based call routing uses the city, state, or area code of an incoming call for routing the calls to that particular location.
- It helps your customers to reach a right agent at the nearest location, so your business never misses an urgent call.
- You can have a toll-free number for making the customers calls free with a single number provided to them.
- While the company has to pay for each call a customer make and there may be some missed calls also due to different time zones.
3) IVR Routing
- IVR or Interactive Voice Response is the best option for any small businesses looking for call routing services.
- It interacts with the customers and gathers information about the purpose of call with a pre-recorded audio and route the callers to right direction.
- IVR relies on pre-recorded questions and responses to interact with the customers.
- Your customers can select from the pre-determined options using keypad numbers or voice recognition for their inquiries.
- After gathering all the details about the client, it forwards the call to a live agent to handle call inquiries.
4) Skills-Based Routing
- Skills-Based Routing (SBR) is a part of ACD or automatic call distributor systems that direct the customers to agents with the most applicable skill sets.
- It utilizes each agent’s strengths and weaknesses by assigning those calls to handle difficult customer queries and resolve it.
- It improves agents’ efficiency, offers highest potential call resolution rate, reduces call handling time and also provides great customer satisfaction.
- Skills-Based Routing is best for large sized business as they have specialized agents or experts to handle difficult customer inquiries easily.
5) Database Routing
- Database routing integrates with customer database for directing the calls.
- Integrating call routing with the customer database, the agents can look up the phone number, history of call interactions, etc., to make decisions.
- It helps to identify a caller number and then directs the call to appropriate agent for handling the inquiries. For example, an existing customer is directed to support agent, and a new customer routed to the sales department.
A good call routing strategy benefits every business by delivering great customer service, increasing first resolution rate and maximizing agent productivity. Call routing is the fundamental part of call center solutions. Still, organizations don’t take care of business.
Intellogue’s virtual PBX/IVR system offers call routing service with high voice quality so that you never miss a call again. Our cost of operation is less with high service quality and advanced routing based on team availability.